Ville Valo's tattoos meaning 1994-2014

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    GHOST
    PLEASE READ THE UPDATED Ville Valo Tattoos Complete Guide on the new website Ville Valo Italy >>

71438_508867185815093_1894146522_n

La passione per i tatuaggi di Ville è ben nota, e grande fonte di ispirazione per i fans , in questo nuovo articolo della sezione Essentials cercheremo di riunire la storia dei tatuaggi uno per uno: con foto, descrizioni, e link in maniera più accurata possibile (per adesso solo in inglese).
    Ovviamente gli aggiornamenti non tarderanno ad arrivare!

The Heart (1994)

aa96c026

“I think if you use different tattoo artists to do a sleeve it just ends up looking crap. My idea came after I met this dude and we were drinking a lot. He told me he was a tattooist, as well as guitar player – he actually played in HIM for a while. We got completely wasted and I told him to do this little heart, here on my right wrist, that was my first one. I got it to see how it felt.”

Sleeve Tattoo (1994)

77ea75c4

“We got drunk again a week later and we got the idea to do the sleeve, it just came to us. The ornaments were designed by the friend, and all of my tattoos are done by him but he’s moved to Amsterdam. When I get a couple of days off I’ll go and see him ’cos I want a few more things done.”
    “What I wanted to do was one thing with the whole arm. Originally we planned to do both sleeves and the back but it took such a long time and we were doing our first tour around Europe.”

Pecker Heartagram (1996?)

77cb4988

It was around the time that i'd first designed it. I was half drunk the tattooist was fully drunk, and we went for it. I wanted to be a rocker and rocker need tattoos. The tip of it goes fairly close to the pecker, but not onto it.
    Video:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq0nKKuqvc8&feature=player_embedded

Chest "S" (Deleted) (1999?)

c2530126

I did it as a birthday present of my girlfriend. Suzanna but when we fall out of love , as we do every now and then, I claim it's for satan or whatever stars with an "s".

Neck Heartagram

03562e3b

A simple heartagram on his neck.

Cosmic Pope (2002)

d7fb028c

Situated on the right calf. The cosmic pope came to attention first in "Dope Danny" by Daniel Lioneye with the line "I had become a cosmic pope".
The figure came up with the booklet of HIM's "Deep shadows and brilliant highlights", where you can see the head of the cosmic pope on the body of a spider, printed on the inside of the rear case inlay.
HIM did a special "Cosmic Pope Jam Version" of "Pretending", which can be found on some of their single CDs.
Ville also has a tattoo of the complete figure.

Egyptian "Wedja" Symbol (2002)

222c27fa

The egyptian symbol 'Wedja', meaning 'prosperity' or 'well-being', on his left calf. It's a Symbol also contained in Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights.

The "J" Deleted (2005)

The letters "J" and agreeably "V" were made instead of the wedding rings. Jonna Nygren and Ville Valo.

95094d9d

One drunken night back in the day, I had my then-fiancée’s first initial tattooed on my ring finger. I later removed it with cigarettes by using my finger as an ashtray for a while. We were on tour and it got infected really easily, but it’s nearly gone.on his

Nidiot Tattoo (2005)

67e8ea78

"We got tattoos on our a*s cheeks saying 'Nidiot'. It's an old inside joke, and the guy put the pictures on his internet site and some of the tabloids in Finland got them, so they had a spread of my a*s in some tabloid. I was laughing my a*s off. Literally. But you know, everybody's got an a*s."

Heartagram Nipple (2005)

83c53ca9

Used for covering the "J" Tattoo, it's a simple heartagram

May Tattoo (2005)

7a6cd31b

It's the secret name of his ex-girlfriend Jonna Nygren's intimate places.

EA Poe's Eyes (2005)

7f60d172

This tattoo appears for the first time in the Killing Loneliness (American Version) it seems that Kat Von D did the job.

Poets Right Arm

2b0d58b3 0bbe28e3 19f6179b

I was going to have a full sleeve of authors done, but it's never happened. There's Charles Baudelaire, and Charles Bukowski, and this is the Finnish author Timo Mukka.

DILLIGAF

bc4cf78a

More info here:
    https://hisinfernalmajestyitaly.forumfree.it/?t=52399725

C .'. I : I - 3

It's from Dante's Inferno first "Canto":

"In the middle of the journey of our life,
    I found myself astray in a dark wood
    Where the straight road had been lost sight of."

Venus Doom Tattoo (2007)

2392fa8c

This is the only tattoo dedicated to an HIM album. It's also the cover of the Venus Doom special edition.

Maya Deren (2009)

78d072da

She's a surrealistic film-maker and director from the 1940s. There's this picture of her from the movie "Meshes Of The Afternoon", and i love the ethereal beauty of it.

Klaus Kinski (2009)

jpg

It's a beautiful random picture that explains the insanity of the artist very well.

Unicursal Heartagram (2009)

3cf11aca

More info here:
    https://hisinfernalmajestyitaly.forumfree.it/?t=52213259

Hermit / Anchorite Tattoo (2009)

1bef5b1c

It’s something Kat improvised when I was in LA. It’s just a, it’s a combination of an hourglass with wings and uh and uh, it says hermit in French
    ERR: (laughs)
    VV: …since I’ve turned into a hermit. It’s just uh, It’s just like a little tiny combination of a lot, not necessarily inside jokes but um stuff only close friends know.
    ERR: Right.
    VV: So uh it’s like a little puzzle type of thing, more or less.

Tears On Tape/Malachim Tattoo (2013)

1377523_582674125101065_154368286_n

The symbols are of the malachim language used on the Tears On Tape Album Cover. The shape recalls the Symbol of Baphomet. The whole simbology of Tears On Tape recalls heavily Anton Lavey, and Ville has been a big fan of him since a very long time. The name HIM, means also His Infernal Majesty, which is a chapter of the Lavey's book "The Satanic Bible".

84080d87
    80c8b4d5
    Ville wearing an Anton Lavey t-shirt

"The symbol of Baphomet was used by the Knights Templar to represent Satan. Through the ages this symbol has been called by many different names. Among these are: The Goat of Mendes, The Goat of a Thousand Young, The Black Goat, The Judas Goat, and perhaps the most appropriately, The Scapegoat.
    Baphomet represents the Powers of Darkness combined with the generative fertility of the goat. In its “pure” form the pentagram is shown encompassing the figure of a man in the five points of the star – three points up, two pointing down – symbolizing man’s spiritual nature. In Satanism the pentagram is also used, but since Satanism represents the carnal instincts of man, or the opposite of spiritual nature, the pentagram is inverted to perfectly accommodate the head of the goat – its horns, representing duality, thrust upwards in defiance; the other three points inverted, or the trinity denied. The Hebraic figures around the outer circle of the symbol which stem from the magical teachings of the Kabala, spell out “Leviathan”, the serpent of the watery abyss, and identified with Satan. These figures correspond to the five points of the inverted star.”
    Anton Lavey, The Satanic Bible

Credits:

Licenza Creative Commons
    VILLE VALO TATTOO CHRONOLOGICAL GUIDE & MEANINGS by Baudelaire In Braille is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Non opere derivate 3.0 Unported License.
    Based on a work at hisinfernalmajestyitaly.forumfree.it.
    Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://hisinfernalmajestyitaly.forumfree.it/?t=54868251.

Suggested Interviews:

A Life In Ink (December 2009) https://hisinfernalmajestyitaly.forumfree.it/?t=44906243

Curiosity: [SPOILER]After all this tattoos on Ville's skin, also him tattoed someone! In this photo Ville while tattooing Kat Von D!

c1c977e4
    [/SPOILER]

Edited by Baudelaire In Braille - 20/9/2018, 18:45

2. cla_mika
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bellissimo...molto interessante :)

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    GHOST
    Grazie mille! Ho scopiazzato un pò di foto qua e là nel web per fare questa paginetta di riepilogo, niente di chè!

4. cla_mika
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bè però ha contribuito a dare info in più sui tatuaggi di Ville...
    le curiosità su Ville a noi piacciono tanto tanto!!!! :)

5. EleWilde
        +1   -1

User deleted

Grazie Andre...

6. papousek
        +1   -1

User deleted

praticamente, era quasi sempre ubriaco...bella roba

7. MoonLight Whisper
        +1   -1

User deleted

O-o bellissimo Articolo Andrea!! :lol: complimentoni adesso ne so di più su Ville e i suoi Tatoo ^_^

8. EleWilde
        +1   -1

User deleted

Un paio di spunti sarebbero senz'altro da approfondire.

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    GHOST
    Sicuramente, devo anche collegare il tatuaggio di Venus Doom alla discussione in curiosity!

CITAZIONE (EleWilde @ 1/4/2011, 11:43) 
    Un paio di spunti sarebbero senz'altro da approfondire.

Ele, sarei davvero curioso di sapere qualcosa a riguardo del tatuaggio Anchorite, o Hermit, insomma... quella roba lì!

10. EleWilde
        +1   -1

User deleted

Mmm, magari qualche giorno farò una ricerca in proposito.

11.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    GHOST
    ^_^
    CITAZIONE (EleWilde @ 1/4/2011, 13:04) 
    Mmm, magari qualche giorno farò una ricerca in proposito.

12. ~*SweetSacrifice
        +1   -1

User deleted

Grazie Andre! *___* Misà che questo post si allungherà parecchio....... :shifty:

13. EleWilde
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ahahah, lo temo anche io...

14. MemyVV
        +1   -1

User deleted

oddio che bello...così abbiamo la mappa completa di tutti i tatoo!!! personalmente adoro quello di Maya Deren *_________*

15. EleWilde
        +1   -1

User deleted

Io adoVo quello di Kinski, anche se devo dire che l'avrei messo in un'altra posizione

51 replies since 31/3/2011, 22:06   41846 views