HIM The Book Chapters 1-28 (Scans + Italian -till 20- & English Translation)

« Older   Newer »

1. EleWilde
        +1   -1

User deleted

Chapter seven

Click on the spoiler for the chapter.

SPOILER (click to view)

English translation:

Chapter seven

Listening session for Razorblade Romance

Listening session in Cologne, this time for HIM. With Join Me in the futuristic movie The 13th Floor, we had a taste of what to expect. After the first “hello” Ville Valo, lead singer of HIM, expressed his displeasure about his band mates not being with him. The record company thought people only wanted to talk to Ville. After lots of handshakes, and listening to the new album twice, onto the drinks, not red wine this time, but whiskey and Caipirinha (a cocktail). A tipsy Ville next to me, chitchatting, wearing glittering black eye make-up, done by the people at VIVA earlier today, and dressed in black, he reminds me of a mixture of Ziggy Stardust and the Crow. And a new hairdo! "Do you like it?" he asks and adds mischievously, "I cut it myself, when we finished recording the album."

Finally we can talk about the new songs. "I was so nervous listening to the album, I hadn’t heard the final version yet," he said. The nervousness was obvious. The man chain-smoked through eleven songs, while sandwiched between journalists and label people. They are all waiting for a well known, passionate scream. Hey, there was one! A big grin from Ville, who thought it was funny.

The new album is like the new fragrance of Boss: Dark," I like darker", but also, Hard," I like harder"! Ville likes it, and so do we. Many people expected a pop-album, HIM delivered a solid Goth-rock album, knocking on the Metal door." We wanted a more organic approach, the album should be more like what we do live. We wanted it to be more energetic. Of course, the label would have loved to see us as the Gothic Backstreet Boys, but that will never happen". Maybe if the other band members swap Ville with Michael Monroe, singer and hairspray-legend of Hanoi Rocks…

The new album not only consist of louder songs, there are also some sweet ballads with Valo’s dark voice. Very pleasant to listen to. Everybody wants to know why the songs of HIM with titles like Right Here In My Arms, Heaven Tonight, and I love You are so damn romantic. That is sick, love sick.

Ville laughs when he hears this." I’m not romantic at all, I’m a realist. Of course I’m passionate about love, and this album is about a special person. I wrote all the songs about her. Every artist needs a muse, it’s easier to focus on romantics. I’m not a person who gives flowers and watches sentimental movies".

Being romantic is like living in an art comedy, you have to be a realist to appreciate it. The songs contain a lot of irony and dark humor, and that’s the biggest part of the lyrics.

Does Ville believe in eternal everlasting love?
    "I believe in those moments when you are thinking it exists".

Back to the red carpet. For all you curious people, they haven’t decided what the title of the new album will be. It is very difficult to top a title like Greatest Love Songs Vol.666, isn’t it? The new songs have definite potential, you can hear it for yourself next February.

Anja Lochner
    December 1999

All Credit for the translations goes to: nimoti

Italian Translation

Listening session per Razorblade Romance

Listening session a Cologne, questa volta per glib HIM. Con Join me nel futuristico film "The 13th Floor", abbiamo avuto un assaggio di cosa aspettarci. Dopo il primo "ciao" di Ville, il cantante degli HIM, ha aspresso il suo dispiacere per l'assenza dei suoi compagni.
    L'etichetta ha pensato che le persone volessero parlare solo con Ville. Dopo tante strette di mane, e due ascolti del nuovo album, immersi nei drink, non vino questa volta, ma Caipirinha (un cocktail).
    Un Ville "brillo" accanto a me, che chiacchera con il suo make-up, glitterato e nero, fatto da quelli di VIVA proprio oggi, e vestito di nero, mi ricorda un misto tra Ziggy Stardust e Il Corvo. Un nuovo tagli di capelli! "Ti piace"? Chiede e aggiunge maliziosamente, "Quando abbiamo finito di registrare l'album, me li sono tagliati da solo".

Finalmente possiamo parlare delle nuove canzoni. "Ero così nervoso mentre ascoltavo il nuovo album, non ho ancora ascoltato la versione finale" dice. Il nervosismo era ovvio. L'uomo che fuma sigarette a catena attraverso 11 canzoni, mentre è schiacciato dai giornalisti e dallo staff dell'etichetta. Stanno tutti aspettando per un ben conosciuto, e passionale urlo.
    Hey, questo era uno! Un grande sorriso da Ville, per chi ha pensato che era divertente.

Il nuovo album è come la nuova fragranza di Boss: "Dark", "mi piace più Dark" "ma anche, Hard", "mi piace Harder"! A Ville piace, a anche a noi. Tante persone si aspettavano un album pop, ma gli HIM sono riusciti a fare un album Goth-Rock solido, bussando alla porta del Metal. "Abbiamo voluto un approccio più organico, l'album dovrebbe essere di più orientato a come lo suoniamo live. Lo volevamo più energetico. Sicuramente, l'etichetta avrebbe voluto vederci come dei Backstreet Boys Gotici, ma questo non succederà mai."
    Forse gli altri membri della band hanno scambiato Ville con Micheal Monroe, il cantante e la leggenda-cotonata degli Hanoi Rocks…

Il nuovo album non contiene solo canzoni pesanti, ci sono anche delle ballate con l'oscura voce di Ville. Molto piacevoli da ascoltare.
    Tutti vogliono sapere perché le canzoni degli HIM con titoli come Right Here In My Arms, Heaven Tonight, e I Love You sono così dannatamente romantiche. Sono sofferenti, amore sofferente.

Ville ride dopo aver sentito questa. "Non sono del tutto romantico, sono un realista. Certamente sono passionale, e questo album parla di una persona speciale. Ho scritto tutte le canzoni su di lei. Ogni artista ha bisogno di una musa, è più facile focalizzarsi sui romantici. Non sono una persona che porta fiori e guarda film romantici".
    Essere romantici è come vivere nella commedia artistica, devi essere un realista per apprezzarla. Le canzoni contengono un sacco di humour ironico e oscuro, e questa è la parte più importante dei testi."

Ville crede nell'amore eterno e duraturo?
    Credo nei momenti in cui pensi che esiste davvero.

Tornati sul red carpet. Per tutti voi, curiose persone, non ancora deciso quale sarà il titolo del nuovo album. E' molto difficile superare un titolo come Greatest Lovesongs Vol 666, non credete? Le nuove canzoni hanno un potenziale definito, potrete ascoltarle dal prossimo Febbraio.
    Anja Lochner
    Dicembre 1999

Traduzione in italiano a cura di Baudelaire In Braille solo per HIMI, non copiare o ripostare in qualsiasi altro sito. (Linka invece di copiare)
    Nella traduzione (per migliorare la lettura) sono stati inseriti i video dell'After Show a Koln nel 1999, per la première di "13th Floor", "Il Tredicesimo Piano"

Chapter eight

SPOILER (click to view)

English translation:

Chapter eight

Adonis from Helsinki

The three capital letters are short for His Infernal Majesty, and reflect a part of the charismatic personality of Ville Valo, front man of the Finnish Goth-rockers.
    With his fascinating persona he’s becoming a huge star, a myth is born.
    Greatest Lovesongs vol.666 showed us a connection between romance and melancholy. Love and death as contradictions are the main theme.

There was a lot of pressure on Ville during the recording of the new album, but all doubts disappeared with the release of Join me. The second album is called Razorblade Romance and it is a huge hit. Dark melodies, and Ville’s plaintive vocals put a spell on the listener. RR is a strong album, with many potential hit singles.
    Valo doesn’t seem to be impressed by all the fuss about his personality.

Ville: I’ve listened to the entire album only once. We rehearsed the songs for such a long time, and it took so long to record them.

I have a pretty good idea what the result will be.

The Finns are not taking a break, or planning to tour, no, they will return to the studio in January to record some demo’s.

Ville: We already have 7 or 8 new songs ready, and want to record them as a demo. I can assure you these songs are even better.

I sure want to believe him, but first I want to enjoy RR a bit more.

The recording of RR wasn’t without problems. The first time they recorded the songs, Hiili produced the album in Finnvox studios, but they weren’t really happy with the result, and wanted to get more out of the songs. So they recorded them a second time, this time with John Fryer( N.I.N, Depeche Mode) as the producer.

Ville: We tested him during a short rehearsal and everything worked out perfect. The recording was done in his studio in Wales. I haven't decided if John will produce our next album, I don't know, after the first one I was expecting Hiili to do the second too…But it’s always a possibility.

The lyrical side of the album is a harmony of romance, death and longing. These are important to Ville and it’s only natural to write about those things.
    Most songs are about love or experiences with it. It is like a personal diary, all about experiences of the last couple of years. It has nothing to do with fantasy.

When you read the lyrics, you expect Ville to be a shy, dreamy person.

Ville: I really don’t have the time to dream, I have to work hard to make my dream come true. You can dream a great deal of your life, but at the end of the day nothing has happened. It is extremely difficult for me to talk about my characteristics, you better ask the other band members. There are people who find me romantic, there are people who don’t…I prefer to put my romantic feelings in lyrics, rather than running to a girl with flowers. Usually, when I’m in a certain mood, and I have an idea, I’ll start working on that. Often it takes months to finish lyrics, music is a lot easier, it happens a lot faster.

In the information of BMG they compare Ville to Jim Morrison, a daring comparison. Ville also has a spiritual charisma and he lives his music.

Ville: I’ve read some books and a biography about the Doors and Morrison, I love to read those, I’m not a great fan of their music, but I admire Jim Morrison as a person. It doesn’t do him justice, to compare him with me, but I prefer being compared to him rather then Scooter.

And then we come to the musical influences of the Singer.

Ville: It all started in the 80's with Kiss. Later came Black Sabbath, who had a huge influence. Lyrically I have so many, like Nick Cave or Andrew Eldritch. I like great songs, doesn’t matter what kind of music. I like the songs of Madonna, Savage Garden, Depeche Mode, Dimmu Borgir…

The band doesn’t belong only to the gothic scene anymore, recently they played at a snow board convention and made their appearance in Top of the Pops.

Ville: The last one was really funny, we weren’t used to lip syncing.
    A lot of people accuse us of doing anything for money, and turning into a pop band…bullshit! The same thing happened to Marylin Manson in the States, although Manson doesn’t care about fame and fortune, and he is swimming against the tide. But you do need a bit of mainstream to reach people, so they can tell the difference and see there is more than shitty things like Scooter, Aqua etc. I do have respect for Manson, I like his stage show and some of his ideas.

We have to wait a little before the first biography of Ville Valo appears in the bookshops. For now we are just happy with one of the most beautiful discoveries in music history.

Markus Wosgien
    Metal Heart February 2000

Credits to nimoti for the english translation, and to Elegy_69 for the scans

Italian Translation

Adonis da Helsinki

Le tre lettere maiuscole sono brevi: "Sua Infernale Maestà" e riflettono una parte della personalità carismatica di Ville Valo, frontman dei finlandesi Goth-rockers.
    Con la sua affascinante personalità sta diventando una grande star, un mito è nato.
    Greatest Lovesongs vol.666 ci ha mostrato un legame tra romanticismo e malinconia. Amore e morte, come contraddizioni, sono il tema principale.

C'era molta pressione su Ville durante la registrazione del nuovo album, ma tutti i dubbi sono poi scomparsi con il rilascio di "Join Me". Il secondo album si chiama "Razorblade Romance" ed è un grande successo. Melodie dark e la voce lamentevole di Ville lancia un incantesimo su chi ascolta. RR è un album forte, con molti potenziali singoli di successo.
    Valo non sembra essere colpito da tutto questo trambusto sulla sua personalità.

Ville: Ho ascoltato tutto l'album una sola volta. Abbiamo provato le canzoni per così tanto tempo, e ci è voluto tanto tempo per registrarle.

Ho già una buona idea quello che sarà il risultato.

I finlandesi non sono in vacanza, né stanno programmando un tour, no, torneranno in studio a gennaio per registrare alcune demo.

Ville: Abbiamo già 7 o 8 nuove canzoni pronte, e vorremmo registrarle come demo. Vi posso assicurare che queste canzoni sono ancora migliori delle precedenti.

Io sicuramente voglio crederli, ma prima voglio godermi RR ancora un po'.

La registrazione di RR non è avvenuta senza problemi. La prima volta che hanno registrato le canzoni, Hiili ha prodotto l'album negli Finnvox Studios ma non erano molto contenti del risultato, e ha voluto ottenere di più delle canzoni. Così hanno registrato una seconda volta, questa volta con John Fryer (Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode) come produttore.

Ville: Lo abbiamo testato nel corso di una breve prova e tutto ha funzionato perfettamente. La registrazione è stata fatta nel suo studio in Galles. Non ho ancora deciso se John produrrà il nostro prossimo album, non so, dopo il primo mi aspettavo Hiili alle prese anche con il secondo... Ma è sempre una possibilità.

Il lato lirico del disco è un'armonia di romanticismo, morte e desiderio. Questi sono importanti per Ville ed è quindi per lui naturale scrivere di queste cose.
    La maggior parte delle canzoni parlano di amore o di esperienze ad esso collegate. E' come un diario personale, tutte le esperienze relative agli ultimi due anni. Non ha nulla a che fare con la fantasia.

Quando si leggono i testi, ci aspettiamo Ville come una persona timida e sognante.

Ville: Davvero non ho il tempo di sognare, devo lavorare sodo per realizzare il mio sogno. Si può sognare di far grandi cose nella vita, ma alla fine della giornata niente è ancora successo. E' estremamente difficile per me parlare delle mie caratteristiche, è meglio chiedere agli altri membri della band. Ci sono persone che mi trovano romantico, ci sono persone che non ... io preferisco mettere i miei sentimenti romantici nei testi, piuttosto che correre da una ragazza con dei fiori. Di solito, quando mi trovo in un certo stato d'animo, e ho un'idea, inizio a lavorare su questa. Spesso ci vogliono mesi per finire testi, con la musica è molto più facile, succede tutto molto più velocemente.

Nelle informazioni della BMG si confronta Ville a Jim Morrison, un paragone ardito. Ville ha anche un carisma spirituale e vive la sua musica.

Ville: Ho letto alcuni libri e una biografia sui Doors e Morrison, mi sono piaciuti, io non sono un grande fan della loro musica, ma ammiro Jim Morrison come persona. L'essere messo in paragone con me, non gli rende giustizia, anche se io preferisco essere paragonato a lui piuttosto che a Scooter.

E poi veniamo alle influenze musicali del cantante.

Ville: Tutto è iniziato negli anni '80 con i Kiss. Più tardi arrivarono i Black Sabbath, che ebbero una grande influenza. Liricamente ne ho tante, come Nick Cave o Andrew Eldritch. Mi piacciono le grandi canzoni, non importa che tipo di musica. Mi piacciono le canzoni di Madonna, Savage Garden, Depeche Mode, Dimmu Borgir ...

La band non appartiene più solo alla scena gothic, di recente hanno suonato ad una convention sullo snow board e fatto la loro apparizione a Top of the Pops.

Ville: Quest' ultimo è stato davvero divertente, non è stata fatta la sincronizzazione labiale.
    Un sacco di persone ci accusano di fare qualsiasi cosa per soldi, e di volerci trasformare in una pop band ... stronzate! La stessa cosa accadde a Marylin Manson negli Stati Uniti, sebbene Manson non si preoccupi di fama e fortuna, è lui a nuotare contro corrente. Hai bisogno di un po' di mainstream per raggiungere le persone, in modo che possano capire la differenza e vedere che non esistono più cagate come Scooter, Aqua ecc io ho rispetto per Manson, mi piace il suo show sul palco e alcune delle sue idee.

Dobbiamo aspettare un po 'prima della prima biografia di Ville Valo esca nelle librerie. Per ora accontentiamoci di una delle scoperte più belle della storia della musica.

Markus Wosgien
    Metal Heart febbraio 2000

Traduzione in italiano a cura di Magdalene Vampyre solo per HIMI, non copiare o ripostare in qualsiasi altro sito. (Linka invece di copiare)

Chapter nine

SPOILER (click to view)

image image image

English translation:

Chapter nine

What seems to be a fairy tale has become reality for Ville &co. But it didn’t happen just like that. Ville had been dreaming about a musical career for many years. In 1996 it started to happen, he formed a band called HIM together with his friends from Helsinki. Songs were written, a record deal signed with BMG Finland, and soon after their debut album Greatest Lovesongs vol.666 hit the local record stores. From this moment on there was no turning back for the young Finns.
    Hysterical screaming teenage girls and record sales most new bands could only dream of.
    The HIM-hysteria reached Germany after a record deal with GUN records and the release GLS vol 666 . The press and the music fans loved the album. After playing many gigs and festivals in Germany they gained even more fans.
    Having a song in the movie The 13th Floor was a big opportunity for the band. The video clip, in which Ville appears as an androgynous dark prince is played on all the music channels, over and over.

Ville: I’m really surprised Join me is doing so well, I didn’t expect this at all. There are a lot of better songs on the new album. We’ll have to see how the album is received, because HIM isn’t a singles band. People accuse us of being mainstream, we are getting angry emails on our website because of our appearance in Top of the Pops. Most people want us to be underground.

Despite that HIM is on their way to the top, and Join me is played on every radio station in Germany. They reached number 16 in the German singles chart, the single has sold over a 100.000 copies and turned platinum in Finland. Reason enough to perform on Top of the Pops, and other teenage shows, like Bravo TV, who visited them in Helsinki.

Ville: That was fun. Mige and I did the interview together, we laughed the whole time. Of course we know the show is meant for very young viewers, we are used to that, but still, we’re not exactly role models.

The expectations for the new album are very high, so 2000 will be a very exciting year.

During the listening session last October in Cologne, Ville had doubts about the album, as did the record company. Everybody wants a piece of the cake, to take part in decisions and share the profits.

Ville: It can be a positive thing, but it can also be very shitty. People who don’t know shit about our band think they know everything better than we do… That’s the way it is in the music business, they are all whores!

Thank God HIM didn’t allow those people to interfere in the creative and musical parts of their work.
    The line up of the band has changed. The drummer and the keyboard player stepped out. Fortunately they found replacements, an unknown keyboard player, and the drummer is Gas Lipstick ( former Kyrria).
    The next problem was the recording of the album in Finnvox studios by Hiili.
    After it was finished, they weren’t happy with the result. They recorded the album a second time at the Rock House studios in Wales with John Fryer as the producer.

Ville: This was a coincidence, really. The people at British BMG introduced us to John. We spent 5 days together getting to know him. I was a bit worried, because he had more experience with electronic metal but everything worked out fine. It was a very positive thing for everyone. John changed very little in the melodies and nothing in the lyrics or arrangements. He was the only one who would listen to our millions of ideas, filter them and make it work. He kept us on track.
    It was a comfortable process, it felt more like a relaxed vacation.

You can feel Ville is more positive and confident about the album.

Ville: We are very happy with the new album, but I don’t have the time to play it for my friends, or listen to it myself. I’m running from appointment to appointment, I'm busy as hell.

The success of course has consequences for their private lives, and it’s not always pleasant.

Ville: Finland is home, of course people recognize me but people here are different, they are more shy and introverted and they won’t start up a conversation. Helsinki is my hometown, and I love it because things are simple and clear.

Ville’s family and friends are very proud of him, and the boys.

Ville: My mom and dad are so happy for me, they keep asking me for free cd’s. It’s not really a special thing for them to see me on stage. For 15 years they have watched how I prepared myself for this moment. Now they are very happy that it worked out so well , I can pay my own rent and buy my own cigarettes!

Ville is often compared to Jim Morrison and called the modern Ziggy Stardust. Some people compare him to Brian Molko, front man of Placebo. Ville isn’t pleased with that.

Ville: I don’t like Brian Molko and his music sucks. He’s a cheap imitation of things from the past, which are a lot better than Molko. I hope people don’t think I’m like that. I like Jim Morrison better. It’s crazy that people have to compare things or other people, but I prefer to be compared to a legend instead of a pop-fake. I don’t really care, as long as they buy our record.

What do you think is the most important thing in life? Love, money or success. The answer according to your songs is love!

Ville: I know it’s boring, but love inspires me, and when something inspires me, I write songs about it. Hopefully it will bring me success and I can make some money.

A private life is very important to Ville, he’s not willing to “sell his soul”.
    In interviews he avoids questions about his private life, or his love life. He’s very strict about that.

Ville: When people start to ask questions about that, they won’t stop, and nobody cares about the music anymore.

Everybody wonders what Ville’s dream-woman would look like, especially after hearing Gone with the Sin.

Ville: (takes a deep breath) I know how these things work. That’s the only thing people care about, I’m now a public figure.

Anja Lochner
    Orkus February 2000

Italian Translation

Ciò che sembrava essere una favola è diventata realtà per Ville & co. Ma non è andata proprio così. Ville aveva sempre sognato una carriera musicale, già da molti anni. Nel 1996 questo ha iniziato a succedere veramente, ha formato una band chiamata HIM assieme ai suoi amici di Helsinki. Sono state scritte delle canzoni, firmato un contratto discografico con la BMG Finlandia, e subito dopo il loro primo album "Greatest Lovesongs vol.666" è arrivato nei negozi di dischi. Da questo momento in poi non c'è stato più ritorno per i giovani finlandesi.
    Isteriche adolescenti urlanti e vendite record, quello che la maggior parte delle nuove band possono solo sognare.
    La HIM-isteria ha raggiunto la Germania, dopo un contratto discografico con la GUN record e il rilascio "GLS vol 666". La stampa e gli appassionati di musica hanno amato l'album. Dopo aver suonato molti concerti e festival in Germania hanno ottenuto il consenso di ancora più fans.
    Avere una canzone nel film "The 13th Floor" è stata una grande opportunità per la band. Il video clip, in cui Ville appare come un principe androgino del buio è stato passato su tutti i canali musicali, più e più volte.

Ville: Sono davvero sorpreso che "Join" me stia andando così bene, non me lo aspettavo affatto. Ci sono un sacco di canzoni migliori nel nuovo album. Vedremo come l'album come verrà ricevuto, perché gli HIM non sono un solista, ma una band. La gente ci accusa di essere commerciale, stiamo ricevendo e-mail arrabbiate sul nostro sito web a causa della nostra apparizione a Top of the Pops. La maggior parte delle persone vorrebbero sotterrarci.

Nonostante tutto, gli HIM continuano il loro cammino verso la vetta, e "Join me" viene trasmessa su ogni stazione radio in Germania. Hanno raggiunto la posizione numero 16 nella classifica tedesca dei singoli,vendendo oltre 100.000 copie ricevendo il disco di platino in Finlandia. Motivo sufficiente per suonare a Top of the Pops, e presso altri spettacoli per adolescenti, come la Bravo TV, che li ha raggiunti Helsinki.

Ville: E' stato divertente.Io e Mige abbiamo fatto l'intervista insieme, abbiamo riso tutto il tempo. Naturalmente sappiamo che lo spettacolo è pensato per gli spettatori molto giovani, siamo abituati a questo, ma ancora, non siamo esattamente dei modelli di comportamento.

Le aspettative per il nuovo album sono molto alte, quindi il 2000 sarà un anno molto emozionante.

Durante la listening session, lo scorso ottobre a Colonia, Ville ha avuto dubbi sull' album, così come ne ha avuti la casa discografica. Tutti vogliono un pezzo di torta, prendere parte alle decisioni e condividere i profitti.

Ville: Può essere una cosa positiva, ma può anche essere una merda. Persone che non sanno un cazzo della nostra band pensano di sapere tutto meglio di noi ... E' così che funziona nel mondo della musica, sono tutte puttane!

Grazie a Dio gli HIM non hanno acconsentito a tali persone di interferire nelle parti creative e musicali del loro lavoro.
    La line up della band è cambiata. Il batterista e il tastierista sono usciti. Per fortuna hanno trovato dei sostituti, un tastierista sconosciuto, e il batterista Gas Lipstick (ex Kyrria).
    Il problema successivo è stato per Hiili la registrazione dell'album nei Finnvox Studios.
    Una volta finito, non erano contenti del risultato. Così l'hanno registrato una seconda volta presso gli studi Rock House in Galles con John Fryer come produttore.

Ville: Questa è stata una coincidenza, davvero. La gente al British BMG ci presentò a John. Abbiamo trascorso 5 giorni insieme per conoscerlo. Ero un po' preoccupato, perché aveva più esperienza con l' electronic metal, ma tutto è andato bene. E' stata una cosa molto positiva per tutti. John ha voluto cambiare poco nelle melodie e nei niente nei testi o negli arrangiamenti. Era l'unico che avrebbe ascoltato le nostre milioni di idee, per filtrarle e farle funzionare. Ci ha tenuto in pista.
    E' stato un processo di comodo, suonava più come una vacanza rilassante.

Vediamo Ville più positivo e fiducioso per l'album.

Ville: Siamo molto contenti del nuovo album, ma non ho il tempo di suonarlo per i miei amici, o per ascoltarlo da solo. Sto correndo da un appuntamento all'altro, sono occupato come all' inferno.

Il successo certamente ha delle conseguenze per la loro vita privata, e non sono sempre piacevoli.

Ville: La Finlandia è casa mia, le persone naturalmente mi riconoscono, ma qui sono diversi, le persone sono più timide e introverse, e non iniziano una conversazione. Helsinki è la mia città natale, e la amo perché le cose sono semplici e chiare.

La famiglia e gli amici di Ville sono molto orgogliosi di lui ed i ragazzi.

Ville: Mia mamma e mio papà sono così felici per me, mi continuano a chiedere il cd gratuito. Non è davvero una cosa speciale per loro vedermi sul palco. Per 15 anni hanno visto come mi sono preparato per questo momento. Ora sono molto felice che ha funzionato così bene, posso pagare l'affitto e comprarmi da solo le mie sigarette!

Ville è spesso paragonato a Jim Morrison e viene chiamato il moderno Ziggy Stardust. Alcuni lo paragonano a Brian Molko, frontman dei Placebo. Ville non lo apprezza.

Ville: non mi piace Brian Molko e la sua musica fa schifo. Lui è un imitazione delle cose del passato, che sono molto meglio di Molko. Spero che la gente non pensi che io sia così. Mi piace di più Jim Morrison. E' pazzesco che la gente debba confrontare cose o altre persone, ma preferisco essere paragonato ad una leggenda, invece di una pop-falsificazione.Infondo non mi importa, fintanto che continuano ad acquistare i nostri album.

Cosa pensi sia la cosa più importante nella vita? Amore, denaro o il successo. La risposta secondo le vostre canzoni è l'amore!

Ville: Lo so che è noioso, l'amore mi ispira, quando qualcosa mi ispira, ne scrivo. Spero che mi possa portare al successo e che possa fare anche qualche soldo.

La vita privata è molto importante per Ville, lui non è disposto a "vendere la sua anima".
    Nelle interviste egli evita le domande sulla sua vita privata, o la sua vita amorosa. Lui è molto intransigente su questo.

Ville: Quando la gente comincia a fare domande su quello, non si ferma, e nessuno si preoccuperà più della musica.

Ognuno si chiede come sarebbe la donna ideale di Ville, soprattutto dopo aver sentito "Gone with the Sin".

Ville: (prende un respiro profondo) io so come funzionano queste cose. Questa è l'unica cosa che interessa alla gente, ora sono un personaggio pubblico.

Anja Lochner
    Orkus febbraio 2000

Traduzione in italiano a cura di Magdalene Vampyre solo per HIMI, non copiare o ripostare in qualsiasi altro sito. (Linka invece di copiare)

Chapter ten

SPOILER (click to view)

English translation:

Chapter ten

Chapter 10
    In our own words RR

I love you
    The only song I don’t like that much, it’s too hard and loud. My ears are growing old…I do like the lyrics though. I always wanted to name a song I love you….cheesy isn’t it?

Poison Girl
    Some people think this is a hate-song, but on the contrary, it is a desperate cry for forgiveness. Musically it’s a good example of the direction we want to go with our new material.

Join me
    Originally I wrote the song back in 1997. It’s a song we played to death before we went to the studio to record it. It’s a song about trust and losing.

RHIMA
    This is our tribute to the 80's, a simple Billy Idol-like love song. It's about feeling bad for such a long time you fear you will never find happiness again.

Gone with the Sin
    My favorite song, so warm, so minimalist, so fragile, and the most honest and truest song I’ve written so far. I’m very proud of it.

Razorblade Kiss.
    One of the most rock songs on the album. Originally it was called Razorblade Romance, but we gave the album that name. Full of dark humor, a great song to perform live.

Bury Me Deep Inside
    A megalomaniacal stage ballad, with a twist. When you are buried under a pile of shit for a very long time, you start to get used to it, even like it…At least that’s how it works for me.

Heaven Tonight
    A real pop-track, a story of a love so strong you can’t let go, even if you want to.

Death is in Love with Us.
    A Gothic Hymn, and a bit of stoner rock too. Part of our campaign “Save the Goths”. Black lipstick is cool!

Resurrection
    The song was written in the same period as Join me. Imagine Bon Jovi with Cradle of Filth’s make up, singing about a love that died a long time ago.

One Last Time.
    A last cry for forgiveness. It actually happened after I wrote this song. No happiness but deep despair. That’s why on the next album there won’t be any “shiny happy people”

Ville Valo
    Orkus September 2000

Italian Translation

Capitolo 10
    RR con le nostre parole

I Love You
    L'unica canzone che non mi piace più di tanto, è troppo dura e forte. Le mie orecchie stanno invecchiando… Mi piacciono le parole però. Ho sempre voluto chiamare una canzone "I Love You" .... Sdolcinato, non è vero?

Poison Girl
    Alcuni pensano che questo sia una canzone sull'odio, ma, al contrario, è un disperato grido di perdono. Musicalmente è un buon esempio della direzione verso cui vogliamo andare con il nostro nuovo materiale.

Join Me
    In origine scritto la canzone nel 1997. E' una canzone che abbiamo suonato fino alla morte, prima di andare in studio per registrarla. E' una canzone che parla di fiducia e di quando perdi qualcosa.

RHIMA
    Questo è il nostro tributo agli anni '80, una semplice canzone d'amore alla Billy Idol. Si tratta di sentirsi male per tanto tempo e a paura di non trovare la felicità di nuovo.

Gone with the Sin
    La mia canzone preferita, così calda, così minimalista, così fragile, e la canzone più onesta e vera che ho scritto finora. Sono molto orgoglioso di questo.

Razorblade Kiss.
    Uno dei brani più rock dell'album. In origine si chiamava "Razorblade Romance", ma l'abbiamo dato all'album. Pieno di humour nero, una grande canzone per esibirsi dal vivo.

Bury Me Deep Inside
    Una ballata megalomane, con una svolta. Quando si sono sepolti sotto un mucchio di merda per un tempo molto lungo, si inizia ad abituarsi ad esso, anche piaccia ... Almeno è così che funziona per me.

Heaven Tonight
    Un vero e proprio brano pop, una storia di un amore così forte che non si può lasciar andare, anche se lo si desidera.

Death Is In Love With Us
    Un inno gotico, e anche un po' di stoner rock. E' parte della nostra campagna "Save the Goth". Il rossetto nero è cool!

Resurrection
    La canzone è stata scritta nello stesso periodo di Join me. Immaginate Bon Jovi con il trucco alla Cradle of Filth, cantando di un amore che è morto tanto tempo fa.

One Last Time.
    Un ultimo pianto per il perdono. E' realmente accaduto dopo che ho scritto questa canzone. nessuna felicità ma profonda disperazione. È per questo che nel prossimo album non ci sarà alcuna "Shiny Happy People" (motivo ricorrente per descrivere canzoni felici e stupidamente allegre, in italiano avremmo scritto "sole, cuore, amore" ndr)

Ville Valo
    Orkus settembre 2000

Chapter eleven

SPOILER (click to view)

image image image image

English translation:

Chapter eleven

RR Tour Diary

12/4 Stuttgart The perfect Fan.

It all starts with a terrible noise, repeating booming factory sounds.
    Both bands, Reamonn, the supporting-act, and our new Finnish superstars are victims of the terrible acoustics of Schleyer Halle in Stuttgart.
    HIM’s energy is fading, and the show transforms into routine, they guys look bored. The audience doesn’t care at all. Sweet German girls raise their hands and make the evil sign, they scream VILLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and more, more, more at the top of their lungs during the encore of Rebel Yell.
    After that they faint, and are carried away by the security.

I’m looking for Mutti. She (Silke) is the promoter of the band, and as her nickname says, she’s also the supervisor, nanny, chaplain, everything a mother should be.
    When I find her we head backstage with the winners of a Bravo meet&greet. The starving HIM boys are attacking the catering-food.
    A modest Hi to the Bravo winners, some small talk and off to the bus.
    Around midnight the trip changes to a pursuit. About 8 cars follow the bus all the way from the Schleyer Halle to the hotel. Arriving at the hotel, lots of impatient fans are waiting in the lobby, all of them women. Two are very amusing, they come from Switzerland and have been following the band for quite some time. One of them, a dark-haired girl is the real HIM-fan, somehow she always knows what hotel the boys stay in. She forces her friend, a big blond-haired Backstreet Boys fan to accompany her in her quest. Every night they end up in a fight, the blond is saying she hates HIM and the Ville-guy looks like shit….

Clearly nervous of all this fan-trouble 4 of the 5 band members disappear in their rooms, to do their private things....
    The drummer, Mikko Karppinen aka Gas Lipstick, the least popular with the girls decides to take his daily bath in the sea of groupies at the piano bar.
    The guys tease him mercilessly the next day.

13/4 Stuttgart-Zürich “In style”

The tour bus is waiting in front of the hotel, and is to leave at 12:00 sharp
    but around 11 the entrance is blocked by waiting fans. Five minutes to take off, the band members come stumbling in. Ville doesn’t look pleased at all.
    He tells me the fans have been bothering him all night, begging him to come to the lobby, to talk to them….I can imagine he doesn’t look happy…
    When everybody is present we leave for Zürich.
    Apart from funny stories in teenage magazines, very exaggerated ( Satan’s children, animal sacrifices), stops at gas-stations, making phone calls, sleeping, drinking water, listening to Turbo Negro, smoking, and playing Tekken, nothing special happens on this 3 1/2 hour trip.
    Around 4 we arrive at the hotel, and we all devote ourselves to doing nothing.
    For Ville, it is the first day since January without interviews…
    A day off for HIM is a great opportunity to spend money and go shopping.
    Bass-player Mikko Paananen, aka Mige, buys a pair of sandals, desperately needed…On this shopping tour in Zürich he went bare foot.
    Mige and guitar player Mikko Lindström aka Linde purchased a bong and some cherry-flavored tobacco.
    Keyboard player Jussi Salminen, just like front man Ville Valo, loves to buy clothes. He spends his money on some camisoles and a pair of techno pants. Later he begs Mutti to dye his hair black.
    Mige and Linde, together with manager Seppo, are drinking tea in the hotel restaurant. Besides smoking the bong, they find peace in the English ceremony of Tea Time, not surprising after 2 months of excessive partying. The evening is about to end very quietly.

14/4 Zürich Marathon Men

The day begins under a lucky star, we were awakened by the clip of RHIMA on VIVA2.
    Round 12 , the band, bodyguards, driver and the rest gathered in the lobby to go to a signing hour at a big record store. We were amazed to see the two Swiss HIM/Backstreet Boys fans in the lobby. Some endurance….
    I always thought bodyguards were a little exaggerated, but I think different now!
    Hundreds of fans were standing in front of the record store to get an autograph of their idols, the owner told me they started lining up at 8 in the morning.
    Today Razorblade Romance turned gold in Switzerland, what a coincidence!
    The band reached the store via the underground parking, and then led to a stage inside the store. Necks were stretched, a scream here and there.
    Once the doors were opened, one word seemed very important: patience.
    Autographs on posters, pictures, arms, shirts, pictures together, a polite thank you for all the presents people took with them, it made this signing session look like a marathon.
    Ville and Mige had to go to a press conference, so they needed to finish this marathon soon. The disappointed fans, with bowed heads left. They guys felt sorry for them, but they had to smile when a 10 year-old, his copy of RR in hand said: I didn’t get an autograph, so I’m no longer a HIM fan…
    Arriving at the Volkshaus, a few fans were already there. For Linde, Jussi and Gas begins the endless waiting. To avoid being bored they read the fan mail, which was thrown on stage during the last gig. Apart from that I’m very surprised how long these Finns can sit opposite each other without one word.
    Meanwhile Ville and Mige aren’t happy about another press conference, we meet the Swiss HIM fan again, without her friend this time.
    They enter the room and are blinded by the flash of lights. After 15 minutes of pictures the first questions are asked. Then a very negative journalist gets to speak, and doesn’t stop… He accuses HIM of being commercial, plastic music etc. and that HIM has nothing to do with goth music.
    Soon Ville has had enough of this, and to end the situation Ville asks sarcastic: What do you want? Will it make you happy if I tell you we are Goths!
    Meanwhile things don’t change much at the Volkshaus backstage, there are still 3 silent, bored men. The crew is working very hard to build the set.
    A few hours later, when the local bands are done, it is time for our Finnish Goth Rockers. As usual Ville, Mige, Linde, Jussi and Gas put on a flawless show, and this evening is better than in Stuttgart. It is so amazing how 5 bored, completely different men can turn into such a sensational and tight band. The highlight is as always, Join me, as soon as the audience hears the keyboards, they go wild, same with the Grande Finale, when Linde and Mige bang their guitars and throw them away, a real Rock&Roll attitude.
    After this spectacle nobody has doubts about HIM being a pop band…
    Conclusion: A very tiring but pleasant day with the Finns, in the evening a perfect sold-out gig, and it’s turning into a quiet night.

15/4 Yverdon “Saatana”

First this information: saatana is after vittu the most used curse word on this tour. But there is no need to use the devil’s name now because we’re on a short pleasant trip to Yverdon, a small town in the French part of Switzerland.
    Usually the boys don’t get to see much of the country side. In front of the bus is a map and the bus driver marks it, so the boys have a bit of an idea where they are and where they are going.
    There is also the head of a plush dog, hanging there….Animal sacrifices in the name of Satan? No nothing exciting…it's Ville's dog, he ripped the head off during a melt down.
    I can imagine when you are in a small space, packed with 10 people for months, it will get on your nerves
    In HIM’s case everything is very orderly, even though they are very young.
    When there are problems, there is always Mutti and their manager Seppo to help out.

When we arrived at Amalgane in the early afternoon, a few fans were waiting. The band was welcomed and entertained by the local organizers.
    The backstage area was just as big as the venue and they had damn good catering.
    After a short sound check Mige and Linde got their bong. People passing by gave them a hard look. It’s just tobacco!!
    Juska and Ville were playing chess in the tour bus, and Gas is air drumming with his cell phone. When Mige and Linde were done smoking they all went to the tour bus to rehearse a little. Not for the show this night, but a Turbo Negro song Rendezvous with Anus. In 3 days they have to record this in Luxembourg, and they don’t know a single note yet. While Ville is doing push ups, Mige and Linde grab their guitars and try to play the first notes of the song. Gas is air drumming, and Juska is using his voice as keyboard.
    With the repetition of the refrain “with anus” they sound like a choir, very funny! Ville grabs the bass to show Mige how HIM’s way of the anal version is done.
    Again it proves how much these 5 Finns enjoy making music. Ville improvises on the text, “gonna give you an electric shock” becomes “gonna give you an electric Goth”.
    After the local Goth-band has finished their performance, it’s Showtime.
    The club is packed, and not like the other gigs, this audience is different. Not the teenage goth girls, but boys and girls of all ages. Refreshing, despite the the heat. It is so hot that when Mige head bangs he sprays the front rows. To alleviate Mige’s suffering someone in the front row offers him a joint, he accepts it thankfully. Hands were lifted, making the evil sign. Suddenly the crowd starts shouting: 666 is the number of the beast…A completely different atmosphere than at Top of the Pops.
    After the show they all go to their dressing rooms except Juska, he has to do an interview.
    When I walked to the cigarette vending machine down the hall I bumped into a lady, I noticed her from the front row, staring at Ville. She begged me to take her backstage…

16/4 Frankfurt/M Fairground attraction.

Lots of female fans dream of this, but for me it became reality…to spend a night under Ville Valo. Well it isn’t that pleasant, I had to sleep in the bottom bunk of the tour bus, under Ville’s bunk. Fortunately the band doesn’t have to sleep on the bus very often. My back hurt and some of the Finns were snoring rather loud.
    When we woke up we were near the Frankfurt hotel. In the room Silke and I shared waited a nice surprise, on the t.v screen it said: welcome Mr and Mrs HIM….
    In the afternoon a couple of security agents arrived at the hotel to escort the band to the venue The Frankfurter Messegelände. HIM was expected to do a signing session for Shure (the microphones) Ville has a endorsement deal with Shure. While the boys did the signing, the 3 Finnish technicians, Seppo, Silke and I were at the Shure reception.

After the signing session, which was one of the less complicated ones, we walk through the venue. Ville wasn’t supposed to be with us, as he can behave like a little Diva, first say yes, then no, the say yes but meaning no…and now regretting he said yes. Mige, Linde and Ville are constantly asked for autographs, Ville hisses at me: I hate this…but he’s a professional and knows what to do. But he is a also person who needs his rest time. When a person walks up to him and says: your music sucks, he replies lethargically yeeeeeeeees….
    For the evening the Shure people have planned something special, a dinner with Rock legends Uriah Heep. Ville and Juska are too exhausted, the rest are enjoying the evening. While driving back in the taxi, the taxi driver knew there were band members of HIM in his car, and started to play White Wedding by Billy Idol, and Black Dog by Led Zeppelin. He turned around and said with a grin, now that’s Rock&Roll.

17/4 Luxembourg Kippis.

The next morning, a 3 hour drive to Luxembourg. Some sleep, some play video games. A car with a trailer passes the bus. On the trailer is a huge hamburger…
    Gas whispers, Oh yes, McDonald’s….
    Arriving at the hotel, the usual procedure, everybody to their rooms. Ville explains: I’m hyperactive, I have to rest now.
    After having dinner with the band, the crew, and the local organizers, we were taken to the club in a darkened van. At the club, while the band members are stretching their legs, a female fan approaches and hands over a present for Ville, a huge pink dildo with a heartagram painted on it. Sweet.
    Backstage the guys rest some more. They decide to record the Turbo Negro cover in September instead of tomorrow because they will be in the studio by then to record some new songs.
    This night the supporting act is once again Reamonn, or Reaman whatever, nobody knows the proper name. They warm up the audience and HIM gives the excited crowd a great show. When 3000 people are singing: this life ain’t worth living, it makes you think….not all are suicidal are they?
    When Ville climbs the monitors and shakes his ass, the crowd goes wild.

Reamonn, the support band, are leaving the tour tomorrow so they meet up after the gig for drinks with the guys in the hotel bar. Everyone but Ville is drinking and having a great time. The word of that evening is: “kippis” ( cheers in Finnish)
    I got to enjoy Linde's imitation of Sopor Aeternus. Jussi, the baby of the band, is the first to pass out. Gas is talking to the drummer of Reamonn about drums and drumming (his favorite subject).
    Ville observed all of this a bit bored. It’s no fun when you see others drink while being sober.
    We all left the place saying: kiitos.

Anja Lochner
    Orkus June 2000

Italian Translation

RR Tour Diary

12 / 4 Stoccarda La perfetta Fan.

Tutto inizia con un rumore terribile, simulando i "boom" delle fabbriche.
    Entrambe le band, Reamonn, il gruppo spalla, i nostri nuovi superstar finlandesi sono vittime della terribile acustica di Schleyer Halle in Stoccarda.
    L'energia degli HIM si sta affievolendo, e lo spettacolo si trasforma in routine, i ragazzi sembrano annoiati. Il pubblico non se ne cura affatto. Le belle ragazze tedesche alzano le mani e fanno il segno del male, urlano VILLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE e sempre di più, più, più in alto di quello che possono sopportare i loro polmoni durante il bis di Rebel Yell.
    Dopo di che svengono, e vengono portate via dalla sicurezza.

Sto cercando Mutti. Lei (Silke) è la promotrice della band, e come dice il suo soprannome, è anche il supervisore, bambinaia, cappellano, tutto ciò che una madre dovrebbe essere.
    Quando la trovo, ci dirigiamo nel backstage con i vincitori di un meet & greet organizzato da Bravo. I ragazzi affamati HIM stanno attaccando il cibo.
    Un modesto "HI" ai vincitori Bravo, chiacchere e fuori dal bus.
    Intorno a mezzanotte il viaggio diventa un inseguimento. Circa 8 auto seguono l'autobus lungo tutto il percorso dal Schleyer Halle fino all' hotel. Arrivati in hotel, un sacco di fan sono in attesa impaziente nella hall, tutte donne. Due sono molto divertenti, vengono dalla Svizzera e hanno seguito la band per un bel po' di tempo. Uno di loro, una ragazza dai capelli scuri è la vera HIM-fan, in qualche modo sa sempre in quale hotel dormono i ragazzi, ed obbliga la sua amica, una biondina fan dei Backstreet Boys, di accompagnarla nella sua ricerca. Ogni notte, finisce in una lotta, la bionda dice che odia gli HIM e che Ville è una merda.
    Chiaramente nervosi di tutti questi fan 4 dei 5 membri della band spariscono nelle loro stanze, a fare le loro cose private ....
    Il batterista, Mikko Karppinen aka Gas Lipstick, il meno popolare tra le ragazze, decide di fare il suo bagno quotidiano nel mare di groupies al piano bar.
    I ragazzi lo prendono in giro senza pietà il giorno successivo.

13 / 4 Stoccarda-Zurigo "in stile"

L'autobus turistico è in attesa di fronte all'hotel, pronto a partire alle 12:00 spaccate,
    ma verso le 11 l'ingresso è bloccato da fans in attesa. Cinque minuti per partire, i membri della band arrivano alla spicciolata.Ville non sembra per niente felice.
    Mi dice che i fans lo hanno disturbato tutta la notte, pregandolo di andare nel lobby, a parlare con loro…Capisco perché non sembri felice.
    Quando tutti sono presenti partiamo per Zurigo.
    A parte storie divertenti in riviste per teenager molto esagerate (I Bambini di Satana, sacrifici di animali), fermate alle stazioni di benzina, telefonate, dormire, bere acqua potabile, ascoltare i Turbo Negro, fumare , e giocare aTekken, niente di speciale accade in queste 3 ore e mezzo di viaggio.
    Intorno alle 4 arriviamo in albergo, e tutti noi ci dedichiamo al dolce far niente.
    PerVille, è il primo giorno da gennaio senza interviste...
    Un giorno di riposo per lui è una grande opportunità per spendere soldi e fare shopping.
    Il bassista Mikko Paananen, alias Mige, compra un paio di sandali, di cui aveva un disperato bisogno ... In questo tour di shopping a Zurigo è andato a piedi nudi.
    Mige e il chitarrista Mikko Lindström aka Linde acquistano un bong e il tabacco al gusto di ciliegia.
    Il tastierista Jussi Salminen, proprio come il front man Ville Valo, ama comprare vestiti. Spende i suoi soldi su giacchette e un paio di pantaloni techno. Più tardi implora Mutti di tingergli i capelli di nero.
    Mige e Linde, insieme al manager Seppo, stanno bevendo il tè nel ristorante dell'hotel. Oltre a fumare il bong, trovano pace nella cerimonia del tè inglese, e questo non è sorprendente dopo 2 mesi di festeggiamenti eccessivi. La serata sta per finire molto tranquillamente.

14 / 4 Zürich L'uomo della maratona

La giornata inizia sotto una buona stella, siamo stati svegliati dal clip di RHIMA su VIVA2.
    Round 12, la band, le guardie del corpo, l' autista e il resto sono riuniti nella hall per andare ad una "signing session" in un grande negozio di dischi. Siamo rimasti stupiti di vedere le due ragazze svizzere fan degli HIM/Backstreet Boys all'entrata. Qualche resistenza ....
    Ho sempre pensato che guardie del corpo fossero qualcosa di esagerato, ma ora mi ricredo!
    Centinaia di fan sono stati in piedi di fronte al negozio di dischi per ottenere un autografo dai loro idoli, il proprietario mi ha detto che la fila era iniziata alle 8 di mattina.
    Oggi Razorblade Romance è diventato disco d'oro in Svizzera, che coincidenza!
    La band ha raggiunto il negozio attraverso il parcheggio sotterraneo, e quindi è stata accompagnata ad un palco all'interno del negozio. Colli allungati, un urlo qua e là.
    Una volta che le porte sono aperte, una parola sembra molto importante: la pazienza.

Gli autografi su poster, quadri, braccia, magliette, foto insieme, un gentile grazie per tutti i regali che le persone hanno portato con loro, hanno reso questa signing session una vera maratona.
    Ville e Mige dovevano andare a una conferenza stampa, per cui avevano bisogno di finire questa maratona presto. I fan delusi, quindi a capo chino se ne vanno. I ragazzi erano dispiaciuti per loro, ma hanno dovuto ridere alla vista di un bambino di 10 anni che con la sua copia di RR in mano diceva: non ho ricevuto un autografo, adesso non sono più un fan degli HIM...
    Arrivati al Volkshaus, alcuni fan sono già lì. Per Linde, Jussi e Gas comincia l'attesa infinita. Per evitare di annoiarsi leggono le lettere dei fan, che sono state gettate sul palco durante l'ultimo concerto. Nonostante tutto, io sono molto sorpreso da quanto tempo questi finlandesi possono stare seduti uno di fronte all'altro, senza dire una parola.
    Nel frattempo, Ville e Mige non sono felici di un'altra conferenza stampa, incontriamo ancora la fan svizzera, senza che la sua amica questa volta.
    Entrano nella stanza e sono accecati dalle luci dei flash. Dopo 15 minuti di immagini iniziano le prime domande. Poi un giornalista molto negativo prende la parola, e non smette di parlare…li accusa di essere commerciali, di fare plastic music e che la loro musica non ha nulla a che fare con quella goth.
    Presto Ville ne ha abbastanza di lui, e per porre fine alla situazione, gli chiede sarcastico: Cosa vuoi? Ti renderà felice se ti dico che stiamo Goth!
    Nel frattempo le cose non cambiano di molto dietro le quinte del Volkshaus, ci sono ancora tre silenziosi, uomini annoiati. La crew sta lavorando molto duramente per costruire il set.
    Poche ore dopo, quando le band locali hanno finito, è il momento per i nostri Goth Finnish Rockers. Come al solito Ville, Mige, Linde, Jussi e Gas mettono su uno spettacolo perfetto, e questa sera è meglio che a Stoccarda. E' così sorprendente come 5 uomini annoiati e completamente diversi tra loro, possano trasformarsi in una band così sensazionale e unita. Il clou è come sempre, Join me, appena il pubblico sente le tastiere, diventano pazzi, stessa cosa con il Grande Finale, quando Linde e Mige distruggono le loro chitarre e le gettano con un atteggiamento davvero Rock & Roll.
    Dopo questo spettacolo nessuno ha dubbi che gli HIM non siano pop…
    Conclusione: Una giornata molto faticosa, ma piacevole, con i finlandesi, la sera un concerto perfetto sold-out, e adesso si preannuncia una notte tranquilla.

15 / 4 Yverdon "Saatana" ( è un imprecazione volgare in finnico ndr)

In primo luogo queste informazioni: "Saatana" è dopo "Vittu" la parolaccia più usata in questo tour. Ma non c'è bisogno di usare il nome del diavolo, perché ora siamo in viaggio, breve e piacevole, verso Yverdon, una piccola città nella parte francese della Svizzera.
    Di solito i ragazzi non arrivano mai a vedere gran parte della campagna. Nella parte anteriore del bus c'è una mappa e l'autista del bus la sta segnando, per cui i ragazzi hanno un po' un idea di dove sono e dove stanno andando.
    Vi è anche la testa di un cane di peluche, appeso lì .... Sacrifici di animali in nome di Satana? No niente di eccitante ... è il cane di Ville, ha strappato la testa durante un' incazzatura.
    Posso immaginare che quando si è in un piccolo spazio, stipati con 10 persone per mesi, la cosa può darti sui nervi.
    Nel caso degli HIM tutto è molto ordinato, anche se sono molto giovani.
    Quando ci sono problemi, ci sono sempre Mutti e il loro manager Seppo a dare una mano.

Quando siamo arrivati al Amalgane nel primo pomeriggio, qualche fan stava già aspettando. Il gruppo è stato accolto e intrattenuto dagli organizzatori locali.
    Il backstage era altrettanto grande come il luogo e avevano un catering dannatamente buono.
    Dopo un breve sound check Mige e Linde si prendono il loro bong. Alcune persone di passaggio li guardano male. E' solo tabacco!
    Juska e Ville giocavano a scacchi nel tour bus, e Gas sta facendo finta di suonare la batteria con il suo cellulare. Quando Mige e Linde hanno finito di fumare tutti vanno nel tour bus per provare un po'. Non per lo spettacolo questa notte, ma una canzone dei Turbo Negro, Rendezvous With Anus. Tra 3 giorni devono registrarlo a Lussemburgo, e non conoscono una sola nota ancora. Mentre Ville sta facendo piegamenti, Mige e Linde prendono le loro chitarre e provano a suonare le prime note della canzone. Gas fa finta di suonare, e Juska sta usando la sua voce come tastiera.
    Con la ripetizione del ritornello "with anus" suonano come un coro, molto divertente! Ville afferra il basso per mostrare a Mige qual'è "la versione anale" (gioco di parole con -with anus- ndr) degli HIM.Ancora una volta si vede quanto questi 5 finlandesi godono nel fare musica. Ville improvvisa sul testo " ti darò una scossa elettrica" facendolo diventare " ho deciso di darti un elettrico Goth" (gioco di parole in inglese ndr).
    Dopo che la Goth-band locale ha terminato la performace, è tempo di show.
    Il club è pieno, e diversamente dagli altri concerti, questo pubblico è diverso. Non ci sono solo le ragazze goth adolescenti, ma ragazzi e ragazze di ogni età. Rinfrescante, nonostante il caldo. E' così caldo che quando Mige fa headbanging annaffia le prime file. Per alleviare la sofferenza di Migé qualcuno in prima fila gli offre uno spinello, l'accetta per fortuna. Le mani si alzano, facendo il segno del male. Improvvisamente la folla si mette a gridare: 666 è il numero della bestia ... un ambiente completamente diverso rispetto a Top of the Pops.
    Dopo lo spettacolo se ne vanno tutti nei loro camerini tranne Juska, che deve fare un' intervista.
    Quando sono andato al distributore automatico di sigarette in fondo al corridoio ho incontrato una ragazza, l'ho notata nella prima fila, che fissava Ville. Mi ha pregato di portarla dietro le quinte ...

16 / 4 Frankfurt / M Fairground Attraction.

Un sacco di fans lo sognano, ma per me è diventato realtà ... trascorrere una notte sotto Ville Valo. Beh non poi così piacevole, ho dovuto dormire in cuccetta inferiore del tour bus, sotto la cuccetta di Ville. Fortunatamente la band non ha bisogno di dormire sul bus molto spesso. Ho un bel mal di schiena e alcuni dei finlandesi russano piuttosto forte.
    Quando ci siamo svegliati eravamo nelle vicinanze di Francoforte. Nella sala Silke e io abbiamo condiviso una bella sorpresa, sullo schermo del televisore è apparso: benvenuti signori e signore HIM...
    Nel pomeriggio un paio di agenti di sicurezza sono arrivati in albergo a scortare la band alla sede Frankfurter Messegelände. Gli HIM avevano in programma una signing session per la Shure (microfoni) in quanto Ville dispone di un contratto di endorsement con la Shure. Mentre i ragazzi firmavano, il 3 tecnici finlandesi, Seppo, Silke ed io eravamo alla reception della Shure.

Dopo la signing session, che è stata una di quelle meno complicate, camminiamo attraverso il locale. Ville non doveva essere con noi, dato che poteva comportarsi come una piccola diva, in primo luogo dire di sì, poi no, ovvero un si che significa no... e adesso si sta pentendo di aver detto sì. Mige, Linde e Ville vengono costantemente fermati per un autografo, Ville sibila a me: lo odio questo... ma lui è un professionista e sa cosa fare. E' un persona, e ha bisogno anche del suo periodo di riposo. Quando una persona si avvicina a lui e gli dice: la tua musica fa schifo, lui risponde letargicamente yeeeeeeeees ....
    Per la sera, lo staff Shure ha programmato qualcosa di speciale, una cena con leggende del rock degli Uriah Heep. Ville e Juska sono troppo stanchi, il resto invece si sta godendo la serata. Durante il ritorno taxi, il tassista sapeva che erano membri della band degli HIM quelli nella sua macchina e ha iniziato a mettere su White Wedding di Billy Idol, e Black Dog dei Led Zeppelin. Poi si è voltato e ha detto con un sorriso, ora sì che è Rock & Roll.

17 / 4 Kippis Lussemburgo. (cin cin a Lussemburgo ndr)

La mattina dopo, 3 ore di macchina per raggiungere Lussemburgo. Alcuni dormono, alcuni giocano ai video game. Una macchina con un rimorchio sorpassa l'autobus. Sul rimorchio c'è un hamburger enorme ...
    Gas sussurra, oh sì, McDonald's ....
    Arrivati in hotel, la consueta procedura, tutti nelle loro stanze. Ville spiega: io sono iperattivo, devo riposare ora.
    Dopo aver cenato con la band, la crew, e gli organizzatori locali, siamo stati accompagnati al club in un furgone scuro. Al club, mentre i membri della band si sgranchiscono le gambe, si avvicina una fan di sesso femminile, la quale ha tra le mani un regalo per Ville: un enorme dildo rosa con un heartagram dipinto sopra. Dolce.
    Dietro le quinte i ragazzi riposano un po'. Decidono di registrare la cover dei Turbo Negro a settembre invece che domani, perché in quel periodo saranno comunque in studio per registrare alcune nuove canzoni.
    Questa notte il gruppo spalla è ancora una volta Reamonn, Reaman o qualsiasi altra cosa, nessuno sa il vero nome. Loro riscaldano il pubblico e gli HIM danno alla folla eccitata un grande spettacolo. Quando 3000 persone cantano: this life ain't worth living, ti fa pensare…mica tutti hanno tendenze suicide, vero?
    Quando Ville sale sul monitor e scuote il sedere, la folla impazzisce.

Reamonn, la band di supporto, lascia il tour domani quindi si incontreranno dopo con i ragazzi per un drink al bar dell'hotel. Tutti, tranne Ville si stanno divertendo. La parola di quella serata è: "kippis" (cin cin in finlandese)
    Ho avuto modo di apprezzare l'imitazione di Linde di Sopor Aeternus. Jussi, il bambino della band, è il primo a svenire. Gas sta parlando con il batterista dei Reamonn di batteria e percussioni (il suo soggetto preferito).
    Ville osserva tutto questo un po' annoiato. Non è divertente quando vedi gli altri bere mentre sei sobrio.
    Abbiamo lasciato il posto dicendo: kiitos.

Anja Lochner
    Orkus giugno 2000

Chapter twelve

SPOILER (click to view)

English translation:

Chapter twelve

On this Tuesday night there is no martini for an appetizer, only an interview. He ordered his diner, grabbed his cell phone, walks outside and talks to me!

Let’s look back at the past few months, what was the festival season like for you?

Ville: We have a couple of Festivals left to do, but did you hear what happened on Highfield festival in Erfurt? Incredible! First there were some technical problems and we got a late start, round 20:30. The humidity was very high and it seemed like the atmosphere was electrically charged, like before a thunderstorm. We played 3 songs and all of a sudden all hell broke loose. It was the worst thunderstorm I’ve ever seen in my life. Thunder, lightning, and the rain, terrible!!! On stage the water was like 10 cm( 4 inch) deep. Everything was soaked and people started to throw mud at us. We had to cancel the gig. All the equipment was on stage, the PA broke down. We had so much fun at the beginning and we were furious it had to end like this. The audience was disappointed too, of course.

I can imagine! But you decided to do something for your fans, unlike many other bands…

Ville: Yes, we play September 24th in the Messehalle in Erfurt. People with a ticket for Highfield festival can come in without paying. We owe them another gig.

I heard you would love to perform with Sopor Aeternus?

Ville: Yes, we call him/her “it” because we don’t know if it is a man or a woman. But it would be a dream to perform with Sopor.

Unfortunately Sopor doesn’t perform live, but wouldn’t your fans freak out if Anna-Varney joined you on stage?

Ville: Of course they would, but it would be a wonderful spectacle!

Did you do other festivals this summer?

Ville: Tons of them! Tomorrow we’ll go to Portugal, after that we’re going to Amsterdam to play Lowlands.

What was the best experience of this summer?

Ville: The coolest thing was at the Méra Luna festival, I met Wayne Hussey ( the Mission) and we partyed together. I also met Carl McCoy, and Sisters of Mercy were great too.

Does Wayne Hussey know your music?

Ville: He bought both of our albums in a record store, that’s rare!

Is there a musician you would love to meet?

Ville: Well, Sopor Aeternus ( laughs). But I’m not a stalker, I didn’t run after the guys in Mission, I met them by coincidence and it’s always nice to meet new people, famous or not.

I haven't asked you yet, not very polite, how are you doing?

Ville: Very well, we had 2 or 3 weeks off, we went to the studio and recorded some demo’s for the new album, the writing is almost finished.

What do the new songs sound like, are they louder?

Ville: Probably yes, a bit louder than RR but also very melodic. This album isn’t influenced by the 80's but more the 70's. The songs sound beautiful and cool! Trying new things keeps us energized. It sucks to play the old songs over and over again.

You must have been so tired after the European tour.

Ville: No, not really, but it’s time to do something new. We played some of the new songs at the festivals, like Salt in our Wounds.

Will you spend some time in Berlin tonight before you go to Portugal?

Will your new single be released soon?

Ville: Yes and we did the video near London. The single will be released in October.

Gone with the Sin is your favorite song. Did you want to make it a single?

Ville: Yes, we wanted this track to be a single, it's mellow enough for the strict German radio.

Indeed, I can imagine this song will be played a lot!

Ville: I have a funny story to tell you, if you’re interested. We were in Amsterdam, to meet a video director. We went to a club and there was this huge swimming pool. We went in there fully dressed, smoking cigarettes, drinking Jack Daniels. When I woke up the next morning I was wearing hand cuffs….

Why???

Ville: I was so wasted, the people at the hotel assumed I was a tourist who had an overdose. They broke down the door of my hotel room and put handcuffs on me. Paramedics were there.

Were you o.k?

Ville: Yeah sure, I ordered a few too many drinks, went to my room and fell asleep. I didn’t expect them to break down my door.

Did you get into trouble?

Ville: No, not really, I had to pay for the broken lock, we had a lot of fun that night. Before I went to my room I ordered some warm sandwiches, and of course, they weren’t warm anymore.
    After they finally removed the handcuffs, somebody from the hotel asked me if he should warm up the sandwiches…I was half naked, in my underwear, I tried to be as polite as possible and said, No Thanks, and fell asleep again.

Anja Lochner
    Orkus 10/2000

Italian Translation

Capitolo 12

Questo martedì notte non c'è il Martini come aperitivo, ma solo un'intervista. Ha ordinato la sua cena, preso il suo telefono cellulare, cammina fuori e parla con me! Questo è impegno!

Diamo uno sguardo ai mesi passati, com'è la stagione di festival estivi per te?

Ville: abbiamo qualche festival ancora da fare, ma hai sentito quello che è accaduto all'Highfield festival a Erfurt? E' incredibile! Prima c'erano dei problemi tecnici e siamo dovuti partire con un po di ritardo, intorno alle 20.30. Il tasso di umidità era molto alto e sembrava che l'aria era carica elettricamente, come prima di un temporale. Abbiamo suonato 3 canzoni. E 'stata la peggior tempesta che abbia mai visto in vita mia. Tuoni, fulmini e la pioggia, terribile! Sul palco l'acqua era alta 10 cm (4 pollici). Tutto era bagnato e la gente ha iniziato a gettare fango su di noi. Abbiamo dovuto cancellare il concerto. Tutto il materiale era sul palco, la PA si ruppe. Ci siamo divertiti così tanto all'inizio ed eravamo furiosi che il concerto era terminato in quel modo.
    Il pubblico era deluso, tanto, naturalmente.

Posso immaginare! Ma hai deciso di fare qualcosa per i tuoi fan, a differenza di molte altre band ...

Ville: Sì, suoniamo il 24 settembre a Messehalle di Erfurt. Le persone con un biglietto per il festival di Highfield possono entrare senza pagare. Dobbiamo loro un altro concerto.

Ho sentito che ti piacerebbe suonare con Sopor Aeternus?

Ville: Sì, noi li chiamiamo proprio him/her “it” perché non sappiamo se è un uomo o una donna. Ma sarebbe un sogno suonare con i Sopor.

Purtroppo i Sopor non suonano dal vivo, ma non i tuoi fan potrebbero impazzire se Anna-Varney si aggiungesse a te sul palco?

Ville: Certo che si, ma sarebbe uno spettacolo meraviglioso!

Hai fatto altri festival quest'estate?

Ville: Tonnellate! Domani andremo in Portogallo, dopo di che andremo ad Amsterdam per suonare nei Paesi Bassi.

Qual è stata la migliore esperienza di questa estate?

Ville: La cosa più bella è stata al Festival di Mera Luna, ho incontrato Wayne Hussey (The Mission) e abbiamo fatto party insieme. Ho incontrato anche Carl McCoy, e i Sisters of Mercy sono stati grandi.

Wayne Hussey conosce la vostra musica?

Ville: Ha comprato entrambi i nostri album in un negozio di dischi, che è raro!

C'è un musicista ti piacerebbe incontrare?

Ville: Beh, Sopor Aeternus (ride). Ma io non sono uno stalker, non rincorro i ragazzi dei Mission, li ho incontrati per caso ed è sempre bello conoscere nuove persone, famose o meno.

Non ti ho ancora chiesto, non sono stata molto gentile, come stai?

Ville: Molto bene, abbiamo avuto 2 o 3 settimane di riposo, siamo andati in studio e registrato alcuni demo per il nuovo album, la scrittura dei testi è quasi finita.

Come suonano le nuova canzoni, sono più pesanti?

Ville: Probabilmente sì, un po più pesanti di RR, ma anche molto melodiche. Questo album non è influenzato dagli '80, ma più dai 70. Le canzoni suonano bene e sono cool! Provare cose nuove ci mantiene sotto tensione. Fa schifo suonare le vecchie canzoni più e più volte.

Si deve essere stato così stancante dopo il tour europeo.

Ville: No, non proprio, ma è il momento di fare qualcosa di nuovo. Abbiamo suonato alcune delle nuove canzoni al festival, come "Salt In Our Wounds"

Volete trascorrere un pò di tempo in questa notte di Berlino prima di andare in Portogallo?

Il vostro nuovo singolo uscirà tra poco?

Ville: Sì e abbiamo fatto il video, vicino a Londra. Il singolo sarà pubblicato a ottobre.

Gone with the sin è la vostra canzone preferita. Volevi farne un singolo?

Ville: Sì, abbiamo voluto questo brano per essere un singolo, è maturo abbastanza per la rigorosa radio tedesca.

Anzi, posso immaginare questa canzone sarà suonata un sacco!

Ville: Ho una storia divertente da dirvi, se siete interessati. Siamo stati ad Amsterdam, per incontrare un regista di video. Siamo andati in un club e vi era questa grande piscina. Siamo andati vestiti, fumando sigarette, e bevendo Jack Daniels. Quando mi sono svegliato la mattina dopo, avevo addosso delle manette...

Perché??

Ville: ero così devastato, le persone dell'hotel hanno pensato che ero un turista con un'overdose. Hanno sfondato la porta della mia camera d'albergo e mi hanno messo le manette. I paramedici erano lì.

Eri ok?

Ville: Sì certo, ho ordinato un paio di drink di troppo, sono andato in camera mia e mi addormentai. Non mi aspettavo che abbattessero la porta.

Eri nei guai?

Ville: No, non proprio, ho dovuto pagare per la serratura rotta, abbiamo avuto un sacco di divertimento, quella notte. Prima di andare in camera mia ho ordinato alcuni panini caldi e, naturalmente, non erano più caldi.
    Dopo aver finalmente tolto le manette, qualcuno dall'hotel mi ha chiesto se doveva scaldare i panini ... ero mezzo nudo, in mutande, ho cercato di essere il più educato possibile e dissi: "No grazie", e mi sono addormentato di nuovo.

Traduzione in italiano a cura di Baudelaire In Braille solo per HIMI, non copiare o ripostare in qualsiasi altro sito. (Linka invece di copiare)

Chapter thirteen

SPOILER (click to view)

image image

English translation:

Chapter thirteen

To be honest, I wouldn’t want to be in Ville’s shoes at this moment, all these questions, can I repeat the success of RR, can I take a risk and try something new musically? What song do we pick to be the first single? At least the last question, and maybe even more will be answered in the beginning of June. This is the day HIM releases the first single of the upcoming album.

The 3rd album has a special meaning in a band’s career. A lot of people expect you to surpass RR. How do you deal with the pressure?

Ville: We don’t take it too seriously. If we feel pressure, we’ll tear off all our clothes and start dancing to Black Sabbath’s old records.

For many bands a great hit can became a curse because the band is measured constantly by that song, and fans expect a song like that on every new album. How important is “Join me” and do you feel the pressure to write another song like that?

Ville: It is amazing what happened to that song, especially when you realize we didn’t expect much of it. Unfortunately for people with no talent, it is impossible to write a song like that again, sorry.

How did the success of HIM affect your life? Do you enjoy your popularity?

Ville: We are very busy, and we have a little more money to spend on Bratwürste.

When did you start to work on the new album?

Ville: We’ve been working on it for about a year now. It takes so long, we’re tired of it.

What is the sound like when you compare it to the previous albums? Are there any changes in style?

Ville: The album is still not finished, it will sound a bit more rocking. Gas has lost 10 kg (22 lbs) He makes it seem drumming is terribly easy…

Why did you choose Pretending as the first single?

Ville: Pretending is a great rock song which will remind people that we’re still able to rock, although we are lazy old geezers.

What is the song about?

Do you have plans for a video?

On the previous albums everything was about Love and Death. Is it still the same on the new one, or do you have some new themes?

For quite some time you were very present in the media, you also released a lot of singles off RR. Was the marketing a bit too intense?

Ville: Well, maybe it would have been better for us to sign up with a small Norwegian label, record our songs in the woods with the sounds of rustling leaves, and never perform live…

Were there times when the hype round your band and more specific you became too much ?

In the beginning of this year your keyboard player Jussi left the band. Can you give us some background information about that? And who replaces him?

Ville: We talked about this and came to the conclusion that he was too young and too unstable to be on tour for months with bastards like us.

You decided to work with John Fryer again, does it have something to do with the motto “never change a winning team”? Wouldn’t it be more interesting to work with a new producer and create something different?

Ville: John doesn’t produce our album, we do the production ourselves, with the support of our fellow-countryman TT Oksala and Kevin “the caveman” Shirley.

What is the name of the album?

It was very quiet around HIM this year, what did you do? Did you have the opportunity to deal with everything that had happened the past years? Was it necessary?

Ville: We continuously worked in the studio, we didn’t have time to think about all those things. Only the Idiot Twins ( Mige and Linde) went to Jamaica to forget all the bad things that happened.

There are bands nowadays that surf on your wave of success, think about Entwine, also from Finland. How do you feel about that?

Stefan Brunner
    Orkus 07-08/2001

Italian Translation

Capitolo 13

Per essere onesti, non vorrei essere nei panni di Ville in questo momento, tutte queste domande, posso ripetere il successo del RR, posso prendere un rischio e provare qualcosa di nuovo musicalmente? Che canzone possiamo scegliere come primo singolo? Almeno l'ultima domanda, e forse anche di più sarà risolta all'inizio di giugno. Questo è il giorno in cui gli HIM rilasciano il primo singolo del nuovo album.

Il 3 ° album ha un significato speciale nella carriera di una band. Un sacco di persone si aspettano di superare RR. Come si fa a trattare con la pressione?

Ville: Non la prendiamo troppo sul serio. Se sentiamo la pressione, ci strapperemo tutti i nostri vestiti e inizieremo a ballare i vecchi dischi dei Black Sabbath.

Per molte band un grande successo può diventare una maledizione, perché la band si misura costantemente con quella canzone, e i fan si aspettano una canzone come quella su ogni nuovo album. Quanto è importante "Join Me" e ti senti sotto pressione di scrivere un'altra canzone così?

Ville: E 'incredibile quello che è successo a quella canzone, soprattutto quando ti rendi conto che non ci aspettavamo molto da essa. Purtroppo per le persone senza talento, è impossibile scrivere una canzone come quella di nuovo, mi spiace.

Come ha fatto il successo degli HIM influenzare la tua vita? Ti piace la tua popolarità?

Ville: Siamo molto occupati, e abbiamo un po 'più soldi da spendere per Bratwürste.

Quando hai iniziato a lavorare sul nuovo album?

Ville: Abbiamo lavorato su di esso per circa un anno. Ci vuole così tanto tempo, siamo stanchi di ciò.

Qual è il tipo di sound confrontato con gli album precedenti? Ci sono dei cambiamenti di stile?

Ville: L'album non è ancora finito, ma suonerà un po 'più a rock. Gas ha perso 10 kg (22 lbs) Lui fa sembrare la batteria così facile da suonare...

Perché ha scelto Pretending come primo singolo?

Ville: Pretending è una grande canzone rock che ricorda alla gente che siamo ancora in grado di fare rock, anche se siamo dei geezers pigri e vecchi.

Di cosa parla la canzone?

Avete piani per un video?

Su tutto il precedente album parlava di Amore e Morte. È ancora lo stesso tipo di concetto su quello nuovo, o avete alcuni nuovi temi?

Da qualche tempo eravate molto presenti nei media, è avete anche rilasciato un sacco di singolo per RR. Il marketing è stato un po troppo intenso?

Ville: Beh, forse sarebbe stato meglio per noi di firmare con una piccola etichetta norvegese, registrare le nostre canzoni nel bosco con i suoni del fruscio delle foglie, e non suonare mai dal vivo ...

Ci sono stati momenti in cui la pressione intorno alla tua band è diventata troppo grande?

Ville: No, non proprio, pensiamo che sia un grande scherzo.

All'inizio di quest'anno il tastierista Jussi lascia la band. Può darci qualche informazione a riguardo? E chi lo sostituirà?

Ville: Abbiamo parlato di questo e sono giunti alla conclusione che era troppo giovane e troppo instabile per essere in tour da mesi con dei bastardi come noi.

Hai deciso di lavorare con John Fryer ancora una volta, ha qualcosa a che fare con il motto "mai cambiare una squadra vincente"? Non sarebbe più interessante lavorare con un nuovo produttore e creare qualcosa di diverso?

Ville: John non produce il nostro album, noi facciamo la nostra produzione, con il supporto del nostro connazionale TT Oksala e Kevin "l'uomo delle caverne" Shirley.

Qual è il nome dell'album?

L'anno passato è stato molto tranquillo per gli HIM, cosa hai fatto? Hai avuto l'opportunità di occuparti di tutto quello che era successo negli ultimi anni? Era necessario?

Ville: Abbiamo sempre lavorato in studio, non abbiamo avuto tempo di pensare a tutte quelle cose. Solo the Idiot Twins (Mige e Linde) sono andati in Giamaica per dimenticare tutte le cose brutte che sono successe.

Ci sono band che oggi surfano sulla vostra onda del successo, tipo gli Entwine, anche loro dalla Finlandia. Come ti senti a riguardo?

Stefan Brunner
    Orkus 07-08/2001

Licenza Creative Commons
    Italian Translation of: "HIM:The Book" by HIMI is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Italy License.
    Based on a work at hisinfernalmajestyitaly.forumfree.it.
    Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://hisinfernalmajestyitaly.forumfree.it/?t=51021171.

Edited by Baudelaire In Braille - 19/10/2010, 14:15

112 replies since 25/9/2010, 20:07   9408 views