Ville Valo: "My deep desire is that the last song of HIM is heard from the Tavastia stage"

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    GHOST
    him-tuskassa-1-7-2017-4-ville-valo

The 40-year-old singer, Ville Valo, played HIM on Saturday night for the first and last time an open-air concert in Helsinki when she got to the Tuska festival stage in Suvilahti. MTV met Valo Tuskan backstage.

One of Finland's most successful internationals, HIM, announced in March that it will end. The band is now playing their final concerts, but it is not yet known where it will be seen last time.

- My profound personal wish is that the last song of HIM would belong to the Tavastia Club stage on the first day of next year, but it will be visible, Ville Valo says.

Valo believes that the last gigs can play more relaxed than in the past. Now you do not need to think about the following projects or discs anymore.

- It's nice that now, in a way, I can sing to respect it for a quarter of a century and be between drops in the lens, no.

The ending with HIM is not a particularly sensitive rock music veteran, which implies that making a return to the band will not be closed in the future.

- It must be remembered that this life will not end or the music will end. These five types do not just call again under the same name. But I do not know, since reunions were invented, Valo says.

Success all over the world
    HIM is the first Finnish band whose album has sold gold in the United States. The trick succeeded in the 2005 album, Dark Light, which has sold nearly a million copies in the US.

The farewell tour is promising material from different stages of the band from the first 1996 EP until the last album. HIM's last album, Tears on Tape, was released in 2014.

- We have the pleasure and the honor that different discs are taken in a bit different way depending on the place. It may well be that some albums are playing in America, while others in Europe.

HIM in Bucharest on July 1,

In recent years, light has published solos and has been involved in various collaborative projects. Still, he does not think what HIM should do exactly when it's finished.

- I guess a lot of music, but it's not time to think about it, but focus on this HIM. Then when this burden is out of the back then you can take quite new challenges forward.

- It's not worth staying in place, it's for me doctors recommended, Light laughs.

In his mind, the goals have remained the same as they were 25 years ago. You can always make better music and gigs bigger.

At least you can try to lie to yourself that it is possible.

More than half of life in HIM
    Ville Valo has known some of the members of the band since the age of 10. More than a quarter of a century, HIM has been present in the lives of over 40-year-olds in the rock star.

It's hard to tell how the band's life has changed her. Because in the years between teenage age and adulthood every person changes, was in the band or not.

- I guess it has got in the middle of a piss, and then you have been asked by your friends to tap the gently passage that it will piss from there by ear to your lorisisi country. Then, again, a bit healthier, and can focus on the essentials rather than on oneself.

Valo tells us to be grateful to their faithful and patient fans. He has a simple message for them.

- I hope the music was good and that was enough.

www.mtv.fi/viihde/musiikki/artikke...1214#gs.Wc54YXE

0 replies since 4/7/2017, 17:39   1351 views