New Ville Valo side-project with the Agents out 21.9.2018, but it's probably not what we want

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    GHOST
    Ville Valo continues his solo path by giving homage to the greats, but the road for a proper "HIM vibes" solo album it's still hard and long.

In fact the just announced project #VilleValo + #Agents is 100% a country music album, and has little or nothing to do with the HIM vibes. Of course, Badding has always been a big influence to the HIM sound and Ville even collaborated in the past, but it's still strange that the fans will have to attend a contry music tour just to see Ville again, isn't it?

Anyway, it's still something, but we would like to underline that it's not the first proper solo project of the former HIM frontman. It's another side-project and we are super happy to have some reasons to come back here and write a news.

Here the complete announcement:

CITAZIONE
    VILLE VALO, AGENTS AND BADDING

Today, the late, legendary Finnish singer Rauli ”Badding” Somerjoki would have turned 71

Unreleased Badding songs see the light of day in the hands of Ville Valo & Agents

The band Agents, led by guitar legend Esa Pulliainen and the frontman of the recently disbanded HIM, Ville Valo, have collaborated on songs written by Rauli ’Badding’ Somerjoki.

Esa Pulliainen states, ”This story begins three years ago. Upon finding three demo cassettes in my drawer which had been sent to me by Badding back in the day, I knew I had to contact Ville right from the get-go. I was aware he knows his Badding inside out. I’m really happy that we were able to finalize this project. Badding meant for these songs to be recorded and even if it took us thirty years to make that happen, I feel I’ve kept my promise.”

The first single to be released by Ville Valo & Agents, the Badding penned Orpolapsi kiurun (Orphan Child of the Skylark), contains the voice of the author himself. The song will be released in digital form on Sep 21st 2018.

The album by Ville Valo & Agents will be released in early 2019 and the release will be followed by a tour.

www.vallilamusichouse.fi
    www.redberg.fi

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator

Status
    GHOST
    Bump

1 replies since 30/8/2018, 08:05   699 views